Hackers Best Practices:
This is a VERY gray area. IF A DOOR IS OPEN, YOU ENTER, right?! No one can define this in black and white. However there are a couple points:
- A good hacker does NO harm;
- Is NOT evil;
- Exposes evil;
- Has the interests of the common people at heart;
- Does NOT act maliciously or does NOT have any grudge or selfish interest in what he does;
- Just needs some attention and image to highlight a security vulnerability, malpractice or fraud;
- As a result of what he or she does, we ALL end up being more secure, safe and less spied on.
For a more detailed definition of who a hacker is and the technical prowess to possess, see http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html
Can you think of anything else, let me know.